The benefits of body exercise cannot be overemphasized, most especially now that health experts have confirmed regular physical activities can improve some health conditions like stroke and dementia.
While many may find the idea of a regular exercise in the comfort of the home pleasing, most are easily discouraged by the availability of equipment as they believe it is necessary to have some equipment in order to be able to work out.
Here is the good news, there are some types of exercises that can be carried out at home without equipment, all you need is commitment and time. Below are some physical activities you can do without equipment.
1. Crunches: Crunches is one of the best physical activities you can do if you hope to have a flat tummy and build the abs. You don’t need to have any special equipment to perform this exercise and you can do it anywhere.
2. Squats: Squatting helps train and strengthen the muscles of the thighs, hip, and buttocks. You can do this anywhere and at any time. All you need do is squat.
3. Dancing: Dancing seems easy and fun, therefore, it is not something we think about for physical fitness. But it has been proven that dancing helps in burning loads of calories. All you need do is play some music from the stereo or your fun and start dancing. Easy and fun right?
4. Jogging-in-place: You can jog-in-place when catching up with your favorite television program or when listening to a radio show. All you need is a good pair of shoes to protect your feet from getting sore.
5. Lightweight lifting: To do this exercise, you don’t need to buy weight lift, you can just make use of lightweight things around the house. You may lift a small bucket of water if you want., just something light and not heavy that can help build your stamina.
6. Pushups: Pushups can be hard to do, the reason a lot of people avoid it. But in case you are thinking about exercising at home, this is one activity you can comfortably do in the home without any equipment.
7. Walking: The benefit f walking or taking a stroll around the house cannot be overstated. It is not compulsory you move fast, just walk around. If you have a dog, you can take your dog out for a walk, this will benefit you too. Another thing you can do is go up and down a staircase some few times if you have any around you.